Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Does Your Cat Have the Terrible Two's?

By Diane Palmer
Does your cat remind you of the "terrible two's"? Having a hissy fit, when they don't get their own way?

My cat was just like that. Although I loved her dearly, she had some pretty bad habits, that I let her get away with, because I didn't want to take the time to really train her.

Finally it came to the point, where my family wanted the cat to go, as she was using my countertop as a batting cage!

When we all left for the day, my cat, would climb onto the chair, then onto the kitchen counter, and then take her paw and quickly send anything and everything on the counter flying across the room. Butter dish, odds and ends dish, bread basket, cutlery. She was not happy until all the counter was empty, and then we would find her laying flat out on the counter with all this mess on the floor.

I am not sure where or how she developed this habit, whether she was mad at us for something, or what, but it had to stop.

I did some reading, and gathering some ideas, and tried the simplist ones first, and they worked. In the morning, I sprinkled a small amount of pepper on the counter.. that seemed to put her off right away. She quickly linked sneezing with the countertop and stopped. Slowely I stopped sprinkling the pepper and things were fine.

In the end, we got a second cat, that was more active than her, and she enjoyed the company. I really do think she was bored and by gaining this second cat we all now live in harmony, as these two cats tire each other out during the day when we are not there.

Now I am not saying, you have to get a second cat, but for us that worked, but the pepper worked as well, there are many simple ideas, that you can try, to save your cat and your house, give them a try before you do anything drastic!

http://www.isyourcatbad.weebly.com click here for more ideas for saving your cat and your home. Article and website by Diane Palmer

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Diane_Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment