Monday, May 16, 2011

Meatballs And Spaghetti

Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • MacBoobsPro
    Sep 20, 04:09 AM
    I don't want to have to put yet another box on the shelf under my TV and have yet another remote control kicking around my living room.

    I already have a DVD, a VCR, and a Sky+ box (DVR). I know that in theory I should choose just one or two of these, but that doesn't work in practice. What happens when my mum records something on a video for me - I still need a VCR, and until Sky bring out a Sky+ box with a *much* larger hard disk then I'll need a DVD for keeping things long term.

    If Apple could include at least a DVD burner and ideally a DVR hard disk as well, then I could actually start replacing the other machines I have rather than just adding to them and cluttering up my living room.

    Its probably a moot point anyway as I doubt iTV will be launched in the UK for a long while anyway.

    Im hoping Apple bring out a HDTV of there own, with iTV built in. Basically a 50" iMac :D Seriously though that would be cool and I would buy it straight away. Eventually i think thats where Apple will end up.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • devman
    Sep 21, 09:25 AM
    Actually, Steve noted that the iTV WILL do HD. It does have an HDMI port out, doesn't it? The issue now is that the ITS doesn't have that content yet. But if YOU have something you've managed to record on your Mac or PC that IS HD, then, by all means, buy the iTV (or whatever they'll call it) and watch your stuff...

    Excellent. Thanks for clarifying. I misinterpreted Iger's comments.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti amp; Meatballs
  • Spaghetti amp; Meatballs



  • qzak
    Mar 18, 02:36 PM
    might as well ask, other people are probably wondering too... whats DRM?

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti+and+meatballs+
  • Spaghetti+and+meatballs+



  • ddtlm
    Oct 12, 06:40 PM
    The result for my OSX 10.2 DP 800 G4 on the floating test is 85.56 seconds. I used -O and -funroll-loops as flags.

    So this is about 45% the speed of my P3-Xeon 700. Not very good at all, but it falls within the ream of believeability.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • entatlrg
    Mar 13, 02:35 PM
    Yea, this is one of the few controversial posts I've made here, I expected some criticism, and likely deserve it as I definitely don't get the whole picture, then again who does.

    I'm not saying oil isn't a HUGE problem, or rebutting some of the good points here.

    When a nuclear disaster happens hundreds of thousands of people can die, if unleashed in war it could be the end of the world, plus accidents, human error, countries letting power plants age and neglect updates not because they can't afford it but instead because they want the incredible profits from it.

    It's not good, I'll never be convinced otherwise. Look at countries like Denmark and the rest of Scandinavia how well they manage their power, the research, alternative (green) energy sources in play and working NOW ... it's incredible and goes unnoticed.

    There is better ways.

    NO nuclear.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. version of spaghetti-o#39;s
  • version of spaghetti-o#39;s



  • Manic Mouse
    Jul 12, 07:58 AM
    No, I believe Apple will pop the Core 2 Duo Merom into the iMac. It's supposedly a drop-in replacement for the current Core Duo processor the iMac currently uses.

    This will not be an option for Apple. They no longer live in the PPC world, now people can directly compare the specs on any Mac to the specs DELL or other PC vendors are offering.

    The iMac is Apple's desktop computer, and currently the only one they offer. As such they will have to spec it as a desktop computer as much as humanly possible, and having a slower CORE 2 Duo than their competitors (when iMacs cost more) will not do them any favours.

    Also bear in mind that Conroes are cheaper for apple to buy than Meroms, as well as offering faster clock speeds and more performance. So it wouldn't cost Apple much more, per machine, to put a 2.4Ghz conroe in rather than a 2.0Ghz merom.

    The heat issue is also a non-starter. I have a laptop with a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 in it, which runs a hell of a lot hotter than the Conroes will. Sure it isn't the smallest laptop ever, but it's comparable in size to an iMac, if anything it's slightly thinner. Many laptop venders have said they're putting conroes in their top laptops because of the extra performance, and if they can there's no reason Apple can't fit one into the iMac.

    Apple can either put Meroms in the iMac and thus make an over-priced under-performing desktop or redesign the motherboard for Conroe and have a competitive desktop. If they want to continue their recent success with the switch to Intel they cannot afford to be lazy and simply drop a merom into the iMac.

    Personally I'm also hoping for the option of a BTO X1800 graphics card. At the least I expect the VRAM on the X1600 to be bumped to 256Mb on all iMacs and for the screens to get a resolution bump. The 17" will get the same screen as the 17' Macbook Pro (1650x1050) and the 20" will get a resolution bump to something closer to True HD (like the cinema displays) which is what professionals will want to work with.

    First post, woo!

    EDIT: My dream iMac config would be:

    17" 1650x1050
    2.4Ghz conroe
    2Gb RAM (BTO)
    750Gb HDD (BTO)
    x1800 512Mb (BTO)

    And I would be willing to pay quite a bit for it. Fingers crossed apple offers it...

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • Blue Velvet
    Mar 12, 03:46 AM
    The main island of Japan, the complete land mass, has moved sideways by eight feet (about 2.5 metres). And the earth, the entire planet, has shifted on its axis by about four inches (10cm)... according to geophysicists reported over at CNN. (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.earthquake.tsunami.earth/index.html)

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Both the pesto and meatballs
  • Both the pesto and meatballs



  • ryme4reson
    Oct 12, 05:49 PM
    Can some1 run this from within VPC. I believe that VPC is supposed to emulate the 486, so I am interested in finding out if they process is handled different, even though its a G4. Sure it will not be fast (emulatin) but i would be interested in seeing the results.

    EDIT: ddtlm, are you interested in helping me with X86 assembly? I would be willing to pay for your time. Email me at jamesk777@mac.com or IM me at ryme4reson (AOL) Thanks





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. #76 – Spaghetti 101 with
  • #76 – Spaghetti 101 with



  • peharri
    Sep 22, 02:33 PM
    i think you misunderstood the recent reports: the consensus interpretation is that iTV does require a computer, and that the hard drive is just for buffering.

    I'm not seeing any consensus interpretation that suggests anything of the sort. I can also say with some certainty that the hard drive is "not just for buffering". At the kinds of data volumes streaming media generally runs at, you can store a couple of hours of video in a gig of RAM. This is considerably cheaper, lower power, and smaller, than a hard disk drive. Why would you put a hard disk drive in a device solely for "buffering"?

    What I'm seeing, according to the reports so far, is a machine that can make use of local iTunes libraries, but can also show media streamed directly from the iTS.

    It makes no sense for Apple to sell an STB that requires a computer. They can make a much more limited device for that purpose, and such a device would not bring the concept of streamed media "to the masses". We don't have all the information at this point, but there's absolutely nothing about the iTV that suggests it's some pricy bolt-on for an existing multimedia computer installation. There'd have been no point in pre-announcing it if it was, and it'd be a complete disaster if it were.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. The spaghetti is done in a
  • The spaghetti is done in a



  • eric_n_dfw
    Mar 19, 06:21 PM
    Answering my own question, it appears (from some quick Google searches) that WINE doesn't currently like the custom CD drivers that iTunes for Windows installs, but the comercial product "CrossOffice" which is a supported WINE port that is tuned for MS Office and other popular Win32 apps, has anounced iTunes support: http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/?id=20041116;cw=3b02a63d1cda46fdf5bb968a31b557c4

    It's not free, but it is a legal option and at $40 it's not to bad.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. These meatballs are perfection
  • These meatballs are perfection



  • NT1440
    Mar 16, 01:39 PM
    I'm glad you understand the nuclear is a good solution. You're a bit off base regarding drilling though...

    First, the 10+ years argument is pointless. Think about it. If after 9/11 we would have started drilling, started seeking out more domestic energy, we'd be producing a ton more of it today (10 years later) and our prices would be less affected by unrest in the middle east today. We'd be more secure today. We'd have a less hawkish view of war in the midwest today. Something good taking a few years to develop is not a reason to not do it.

    Second, the U.S. has HUGE untapped deposits of oil, coal, and especially natural gas. And as the facts prove, it's a VERY viable fuel source.

    Third, we do in fact have the resources to provide for our own society. Expand nuclear, expand oil, expand coal, expand natural gas, expand biofuels, keep investing in promising new alternatives (private investment, not government) and we could get to energy independence in probably 10 years or less. The only reason we're not doing it is because of burdensome government regulations and the fact that other countries can produce it cheaply. As prices rise, one of those issues becomes moot... Also, for the record, just because we could do it, doesn't necessarily mean we should. The free market should determine this. IF we're willing to pay more for American fuel, then so be it. If not, we'll continue buying from others... but don't let the government manipulate the markets and destroy common sense capitalism.

    First off, the past is the past on this topic. Drilling ten years ago may mean some slight impact on oil prices domestically now, but again, the infrastructure would just be finally settling into place. It's neither here nor there.

    Yes this country does have massive amounts of resources...but that doesn't mean they make sense both environmentally and economically (not to mention that we simply could not meet domestic demand with what we have). Much of the natural gas is tough to get to, and we've seen the major issues techniques such as "fracking" lead to.

    Our biggest untapped oil is what is called shale oil, and it is extremely energy intensive to make it even remotely usable, so thats a lost cause to begin with.

    Also, I find it odd that you'd argue for more oil production here as a means to drive the price down. Oil is sold on the international market, which is what sets the cost for it. Unless you want to artificially exclude it from that market and keep and use it exclusively in the USA our oil production wouldn't effect the international prices as we have far less of it. If you are in favor of keeping and using it exclusively here on the other hand, well thats not much of a free market approach now is it.

    Simply put, just because we have something on paper, doesn't mean that it is an economically, environmentally, or logistically viable.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Coolest Spaghetti and Meatball
  • Coolest Spaghetti and Meatball



  • fpnc
    Mar 18, 06:31 PM
    But can a user be considered to be a party to that agreement if they have not used iTunes to access the store - does the purchasing process still involve an agreement approval stage using this software? Presumably not.

    Why don't you try it and find out? :)

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Chorizo meatballs and pasta
  • Chorizo meatballs and pasta



  • tiramisu
    Sep 20, 04:30 AM
    how about 'mac ibox' or 'apple ibox'? :)

    itv - well for sure - is a more like a genre name.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. with meatballs or sausage
  • with meatballs or sausage



  • jeffgarden
    Mar 18, 05:04 PM
    Sorry, i didn't read every post so this may be repeatative but...


    If you're going to PAY for music to break drm, just buy it at a store or use Kazaa

    OR get napster to go trial, get virtuosa 5.0 to make them mp3's and you're done

    why would you pay for something you don't want

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • ddtlm
    Oct 11, 01:45 AM
    javajedi:

    70-ish seconds navtive on a G3
    90-ish seconds on a native on a G4
    5.9-6-ish seconds running under JVM 1.4.1 on a P4
    Admittedly I am getting lost in what all the numbers people have mentioned are for, but looking at these numbers you have here and assuming that they are doing the same task, you can rest assured that the G3/G4 are running far inferior software. AltiVec and SSE2 or not, there is just nothing that can explain this difference other than an unfair playing field. There is no task that a P4 can do 11x or 12x the speed of a G4 (comparing top-end models here). The P4 posseses nothing that runs at 11x or 12x the speed. Not the clock, not the units, the bandwidth to memory and caches are not 11x or 12x as good, it is not 11x better at branch prediction. I absolutely refuse to accept these results without very substantial backing because they contradict reality as I know it. I know a lot about the P4 and the G4, and I know a lot about programming in a fair number of different languages, even some assembly. I insist that these results do not reflect the actual performance of the processors, until irrefutable proof is presented to show how they do.

    I guess the 70 and 90 don't surprise me a lot for the G3/G4, depending on clock speed difference. But all this trendy wandwagon-esque G4-bashing is not correct just cause every one else is doing it. There are things about the G3 that are very nice, but the G4 is no slouch compared to it, and given the higher clock that it's pipeline allows, the G3 really can't keep up. The G4 not only sports a better standard FPU, but it also sports better integer units.





    Meatballs And Spaghetti. pasta spaghetti meatballs
  • pasta spaghetti meatballs



  • Iscariot
    Mar 24, 11:34 PM
    exactly, subtract the gangs, the mentally unstable, the non-Catholics and the inconclusively because the victim was homosexual and see where we are

    Subtract the individuals affiliated with gangs and the mentally unstable and we're staring at a long list of homosexuals murdered by "mainstream" individuals, many of whom attended church on a regular basis and were in fact catholic. That their religious affiliations are not immediately telegraphed is not evidence of absence, but rather of the fact that 76% of the population self-identifies as Christian.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Zucchini spaghetti and walnut
  • Zucchini spaghetti and walnut



  • KingYaba
    Mar 25, 12:12 AM
    The problem is demonizing people who are living living their lives in ways that cause no harm to the person condemning them, nor to any other identifiable person.

    Well said and I agree.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti And Meatballs
  • Spaghetti And Meatballs



  • matticus008
    Mar 19, 05:43 PM
    I could really care less about breaking some DRM law or "international copyright law". I would love to see them try to enforce it.

    Just because a man can do a thing does not mean that he should do that thing. Whether or not you will get caught breaking the law is irrelevant to whether what you are doing is or is not legal. I can go to the supermarket or gas station and steal a bag of ice from outside without getting caught, but it doesn't mean what I'm doing is okay. You might say it's not a big deal--it only costs a dollar, and anyway the supermarket makes tons of money off the other things that they sell, and they probably don't deserve all that money because they underpay their employees.

    Moral relativism and justification might make you feel fine about doing it, but it's still wrong and it's still illegal. If you don't care, that's your thing.

    more...



    Meatballs And Spaghetti. Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Spaghetti and Meatballs



  • joueboy
    Apr 9, 12:14 AM
    Just like everybody else!





    ct2k7
    Apr 24, 06:32 PM
    I would never claim any such thing. If anything, the Quran is more related to the books of the Old Testament, some of which Islam shares, hence the "People of The Book". The Ugaritic chief god, El, of course was the prototype for Yahweh/Jehovah/El/Allah, and the minor gods were kept on as "angels" by all three religions.

    I completely agree with you. These Abrahamic religions do have a lot in common.

    Edit, a few Christians tried to sue a Muslim representative here. It failed.





    stcanard
    Mar 18, 05:23 PM
    The main purpose of iTMS is to sell iPods. iPods are the only players at this time that can play iTMS purchased music, due to the DRM. Tell me how the DRM has nothing to do with iTMS's business model.

    Do you really think it's DRM lock-in that's fuelling those sales?

    Because personally I think it's the integration and "it-just-works" aspects, combined with a superior product.

    more...



    ryme4reson
    Oct 10, 02:59 AM
    Well I tested my G4 933, and I have CHUD tools installed so I can disable my L2 and L3 cache. I also could not get the java to work so I compiled with C++, its the same stuff, but I used time() with gave me seconds, so * 1000 to get the adjusted scores

    Here are my scores

    933 256L2 2MBL3 79 seconds or 79000
    933 NO L2 or L3 124 seconds or 124000
    933 L2 only 79 seconds
    933 L3 only 79 seconds

    Judging by these scores I have to think that CHUD is not working and it only worked with completely disabled. as the diff of 45 seconds.

    And you can get CHUD from apple ftp.apple.com

    Needless to say it takes me 79 seconds when a PV is completing this in 5-10 seconds, something is wrong!! (the the G4)

    Lastly, I have not seen BACKTOTHEMAC telling us how great the G4 is lately, must be installing Win 2K under VPC with a stopwatch in 1 hand, an apple in the other, and a smile on his face...

    <EDIT> I am gonna try to run this on my brothers 333 celeron on a 66MHZ bus with 320 RAM, I know my 933 is not the fastest, but maybe it just found its competition. :) </EDIT>





    skunk
    Mar 27, 04:38 AM
    That's why you can translate a sentence from one language to another language. If I'm only beginning to learn French, I may say something that may be ungrammatical literally meaningless. But my teacher or another expert in the French language may know what it is I'm trying to say with it. Skunk seems to be talking mostly about a signifier, the group of words, when I'm talking mostly about what Caocao intended to signify with it. You have completely missed the point.

    more...



    Evangelion
    Mar 20, 09:44 AM
    If you go to a concert, theatre play, any kind of performance or into any of fee-charging class or course and smuggle yourself in through some kind of backdoor without paying for the ticket or the course, did you steal anything?

    Not according to your logic.

    Should this behaviour be allowed?

    So, what did I steal? Steal: To take (the property of another) without right or permission. Note: I'm no saying whether it's right or wrong, I'm merely discussing whether it's stealing or not. The example you gave is not stealing. I did not take anothers property without his permission.

    more...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment