Saturday, May 21, 2011

4 5 Inches

4 5 Inches. 1 4/5 inches tall, 4/5 inch
  • 1 4/5 inches tall, 4/5 inch



  • Scottsdale
    Apr 6, 11:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure you are aware that Apple would use LV CPU in 13", not ULV. That bumps us to 2.3GHz plus Turbo. You have said this yourself too and I already covered the reason in my other post.

    This is just a MR article and surprisingly, they don't have much idea about the TDPs. Hopefully they will correct their article so people won't live in confusion.

    That isn't what this story reads, and I don't think anyone but you and I have even read the actual facts supposed here.

    I actually find this one of the least accurate stories ever posted on MacRumors.com for several reasons... the OP is assuming ULV in the 13" MBA. The OP is assuming that if SB IGP is good enough for MBP it's fine for MBA. There is no rumor or timeframe listing these chips especially not in the 13" MBA. It seems like it's a blatant attempt to stir up activity without any real facts, rumors, or even common knowledge about the chips used in the MBAs.

    Certainly the people haven't read the story or they're somehow focusing on the 11" MBA. Sure, this would be fine for the 11" MBA in terms of CPU clock speed but even then it's a gigantic loss in the graphics capabilities. That leads to a problem with the author saying good enough for 13" MBP than good enough for MBA. However, the IGP clock speed used in this ULV chip will be nearly a 50% drop in graphics performance. That for me doesn't equate to if this then that...

    I am disappointed with MR for even writing such a poor piece of garbage. Forget that I cannot stand the SB IGP... the assumptions made here are absurd! It
    definitely doesn't warrant this sort of reply from the fans of the MBA. You and I
    could assume things all day, but that isn't the story written.





    4 5 Inches. Depth: 22-4/5 inches
  • Depth: 22-4/5 inches



  • BlizzardBomb
    Jul 27, 03:02 PM
    I can't say much about the name. I'm not the first to offer it. But nothing else comes to mind that seems to fit well.


    But its like ATI simply naming one of their chips ATI Radeon with no additional naming (being something like X1800 etc.). Why not something like Mac Plus, Mac Extra, Mac Express... I could go on.





    4 5 Inches. Grip: 4 5/16 inches
  • Grip: 4 5/16 inches



  • sam10685
    Jul 27, 10:14 PM
    (I hate P4s)

    you can't make a statement like that. that's like saying "i hate general electric air conditioners." what the heck? all CPU's (and air conditioners) do the same thing.





    4 5 Inches. red zz 4-5 inches water head
  • red zz 4-5 inches water head



  • Tomaz
    Aug 7, 05:34 PM
    Time Machine won't mean much when the HD fails. Back that azz up!

    Also a very good point, so I need a bigger main HD for my MacBookPro (the new Seagate 160GB becomes interesting) for Time Machine, but i still need to back the hole thing up to an external HD in case of a HD crash (I had 2 in the last 8 months!). So Tine Machine doesn't make Backups obsolete, I didn't even think of that up to now. Hmmm..





    4 5 Inches. can wear 4-5 inches wigs.
  • can wear 4-5 inches wigs.



  • Lotso
    Apr 11, 01:03 PM
    Analysts can just shove it. Complete BS all over the place. So.. according to them, we're going to have OSX Lion, iOS5, iPhone5, new iPods AND iPad 3... ALL IN THE FALL?! Complete bull. Oh, and throw in macbook pro updates for the later part of the fall, as usual. Just think about that for a second.

    Now, let me remember, when was the last time they were wrong.. oh wait, that's right, iPad 2. Last I remember, it was, you won't see it till May/June at the earliest. WRONG. And after analysts vs. bloggers report, it seems bloggers are more right than analysts.

    Anyways, after the 1st paragraph I wrote, I have no doubt in my mind that this is impossible. Last time Apple tried something like this, if I recall, it was Mobile Me, iPhone 3G + iOS2. It was a mess. Jobs himself said it was a mistake (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10006873-93.html) they'll never make again. So, when thinking about everything that is rumored by analysts to be coming out this fall, yeah, don't think so.:rolleyes:

    Edit: Don't get me started on how much their sales would be and strain on supplies having a huge item (iPhone) not only just going on sale, but going on sale leading into holiday season. That's 2x the demand of just releasing during the summer, and we all know how much of a demand that causes.

    And going to the guy who said iPhone 3 brought 3GS, what the heck is that? There is 3G, no 3GS (technology wise). It's only a naming convention apple used. Like when cars use SE or GLS. All the did was add a camera, and maybe something else hardware wise.

    Edit 2: ipad 2 entered production 1 month b4 apple announcing, so no freak'n 3 months as I've heard around rumor sites.

    Thank you! Finally some sense. Any so called "analyst" would be an idiot to claim that Apple will be releasing that many products all within the fall.
    You are a much better analyst than the guy from Avian Securities. Arn should make a post saying, "Macrumors forum analyst drewyboy claims the iPhone 5 will launch right on schedule."





    4 5 Inches. of the bucket 4-5 inches
  • of the bucket 4-5 inches



  • Xian Zhu Xuande
    Mar 31, 03:02 PM
    This is a smart move. It had to happen sooner or later.

    John Gruber would eat Steve Job's ***** if he could. His opinion is extremely biased.
    Except... he's right. This was a bait-and-switch from Google. I don't think it was a bad move for the future of the platform, but it does render a lot of their PR commentary through history as bogus. As for Gruber, you clearly don't like him, but while he is certainly a fan of Apple he is usually correct.





    4 5 Inches. and 2 4/5 inches deep.
  • and 2 4/5 inches deep.



  • lgutie20
    Mar 22, 02:04 PM
    The trick with Apple is to innovate in aspects that no one else is considering. Example: "we need smart covers because protecting your tablet is a must and should be easy." Thus far this is an APPLE ONLY thing and it works like a charm.

    There are other things they could do.

    If Apple really wants to completely stand out (even with the crippled aspect that they don't support Flash) they really need to push for Thunderbolt on iOS devices.

    It would sync data faster.

    It would charge devices faster.

    I know there is a lot of groundwork to be done first. All Apple computers should have the Thunderbolt I/O in order for the iOS devices to even consider Thunderbolt.

    Time is not a luxury Apple has right now. They need to move faster than ever.





    4 5 Inches. Size without bleed: 7×5 inches
  • Size without bleed: 7×5 inches



  • PCClone
    Apr 25, 02:22 PM
    Look out Apple...the chattel are beginning to rise. I hope these power-hungry thugs (Apple) get taken to the cleaners. Sad that Apple now views our location as a resource to be exploited.

    Why do you do nothing but troll here? You goo fans are lame.





    4 5 Inches. #4/#5- IN LONDON- KILBURN
  • #4/#5- IN LONDON- KILBURN



  • Skika
    Mar 26, 08:00 AM
    Will it have a new theme? I think its really time for aqua to be put to rest and something new comes along.





    4 5 Inches. edge 4 5 inch stainless
  • edge 4 5 inch stainless



  • PBF
    Mar 25, 10:56 PM
    In another news: iPad 3 is released in Fall 2011.





    4 5 Inches. stick - 4-5 inches long
  • stick - 4-5 inches long



  • Multimedia
    Aug 19, 07:18 AM
    Darn it ... I just received my crossgrade upgrade yesterday eventhough I only own powerbook and am waiting for merom based laptop. While on the topic of fcp, can I install on my powerbook for now and in install on later on my future intel-laptop? (reading the legal eula it seems install is only allowed for one laptop and desktop... I guess I will have to uninstall first on powerbook .....) I am just not sure if apple will block my serial number or something ...No they won't block your serial number. It's the honor system. Yes you can put it on what you have now and what you get later.





    4 5 Inches. 5 display to be 4-inch,
  • 5 display to be 4-inch,



  • iGary
    Feb 28, 05:14 PM
    A same-sex attracted person is living a "gay lifestyle" when he or she dates people of the same sex, "marries" people of the same sex, has same-sex sex, or does any combination of these things. I think that if same-sex attracted people are going to live together, they need to do that as though they were siblings, not as sex partners. In my opinion, they should have purely platonic, nonsexual relationships with one another.

    Heterosexual couples need to reserve sex for opposite-sex monogamous marriage. If I had a girlfriend, I might kiss her. But I wouldn't do that to deliberately arouse either of us. If either of us felt tempted to have sex with each other, the kissing would stop right away. I know of a woman who gave an excellent answer when men asked her why saved sex for marriage. She said, "I"m worth waiting for." She lived by her Catholic convictions, and she wouldn't risk letting any man use her as a mere object, as a mere tool.

    Some may say, "I have sex with my girlfriend to show her that I love her." If I had a girlfriend, I would hope I would love her enough to protect her from the physical and psychological risks that come with non-marital sex. The best way for me to do that is for my hypothetical girlfriend and me to be celibate before marriage.

    Sacramentally same-sex "marriage" isn't marriage. Neither is merely civil marriage of any sort. If I understand what the Catholic Church's teachings about marriage merely civil, it teaches non-sacramental marriage, whether same-sex or opposite-sex, is legal fornication.

    Whatever crutch gets you through life.





    4 5 Inches. It seems that both the 4-inch
  • It seems that both the 4-inch



  • Raidersmojo
    Jun 17, 08:20 AM
    Raiders -

    Do you think perhaps you may get a shipment of
    iPhone 4s for the general public without pins prior
    to July 24th?

    You think that is possible or do you think Apple is
    just going to cut RS out of the iPhone 4 equation altogether?

    rumor has it, yes. We are going to get iphone 4's from wireless D2U, but there will not be many.

    However, with the constraints on the inventory right now, I doubt that is possible. It's going to look like if you did not get a pin this time, you will not get an iphone.

    My DM told me I might not even get the iphones I ordered myself for various reasons. Radioshack had no idea what they were going to do for the launch the night before.

    Best bet is to either go to wally world (wal mart) or get it on apple.com





    4 5 Inches. red zz 4-5 inches water head
  • red zz 4-5 inches water head



  • MacRumors
    Apr 6, 01:20 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/06/motorola-xoom-tablet-sales-approximately-100000-units-so-far/)

    Business Insider reports (http://www.businessinsider.com/motorola-xoom-sales-2011-4) on a research note from Deutsche Bank estimating sales of Motorola's Android-based Xoom tablet at only about 100,000 units since its late February launch, based on Android developer statistics (http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html) showing that only 0.2% of Android devices accessing the Android Market during the second half of March had the Android 3.0 "Honeycomb" operating system installed. The Xoom is currently the only device on the market running Honeycomb.


    http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/04/06/141346-android_platform_breakdown_040111_500.jpg




    4 5 Inches. These pots are NEW 4.5 inch
  • These pots are NEW 4.5 inch



  • Hellhammer
    Apr 9, 01:29 AM
    TDP != Max power draw

    It's not. See my earlier post in this thread. Maximum power dissipation is usually 20-30% more.





    4 5 Inches. Retriever Roll 4-5 inches
  • Retriever Roll 4-5 inches



  • GQB
    Mar 31, 05:07 PM
    This is a smart move. It had to happen sooner or later.



    John Gruber would ***** if he could. His opinion is extremely biased.

    Wow... classless AND wrong at the same time. Care to go for the hat trick and throw in 'fanboi' too?





    4 5 Inches. 14 3/ inches tall, 7 4/5
  • 14 3/ inches tall, 7 4/5



  • Shananra
    Aug 6, 11:29 AM
    Does no one else think this event will only be about leopard? If they release any hardware, it's going to be the mac pro, and even that will only get five minutes of attention. (The xserves seem logical too because of what processors they are using) No other hardware, just leopard leopard leopard.

    Also, I don't see this as being as monumental of a release as everyone is making it out to be. There are some features that I would like to see implimented, but I'm not holding my breath. This is not to say that I'm being pessimistic, though.

    I think we will see some better game support, performance and security enhancements (for all the flaunting Apple has been doing about their security, they had better give us some security worth flaunting!), and something to do with bootcamp. (I still love the name!)

    Other minor things I'm expecting are the ability to put widgets on your desktop (without using some sort of "dev mode" like you do now), having multiple dashboards that can be assigned to different hotkeys, enhancements to most of the bundled apps ala the report from friday, and of course the updated finder.

    Oh, and finder. I don't think it will have tabs at all. Instead, I think your equivelant of tabs will appear in the left column, along side the favorite folders and drives. Notice how your harddrives/volumes is separated from your favorite places, picture a second separater there and below that your active folders. And for god's sake, give me a directory tree! :rolleyes:

    Vista doesn't concern me much, and it shouldn't concern Apple. Tiger still kicks Vista's ass up one side and down the other, then up the first side again for good measure. Has anyone else here tried the vista beta? It's such a pain to use, and I've been a windows user since DOS. I see no reason why Vista should be so... unintuitive other than to try and compete with OSX. If they don't do some serious rethinking on it, Apple will continue to enjoy quite a bit of growth. ;)





    4 5 Inches. The hoop is approximately 4-5
  • The hoop is approximately 4-5



  • gerrycurl
    Jul 14, 06:00 PM
    the question still remains--will the powermacs be able to use standard, off the shelf, pc video cards?

    i know that you couldn't do so in the power architecture due to the bios irregularities. now that they're using efi, does this still mean we have to buy mac based cards? because that's really the question nobody seems to ask and nobody seems to have an answer for.

    what this new mac workstation will mean is the chance to upgrade your macs based on commodity parts. no more mac tax for hardware. i remember when the radeon 9700 was king, the price was around $299 for pc version and $399 for mac version.

    think about this, the ability to upgrade processor, video card, and sound card without having to pay the apple tax.

    that's what it really comes down to. the speculative "good" version of the mac pro has a so-so video card, but it's not really worth the $600 more just to get a 1800, i'd rather just get the 1600 and upgrade on my own.

    oh, btw, i did some of my own investigations and found this site:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

    which may mean that the standard cards are compatible with mac os x now.





    4 5 Inches. 25 inches wide x 4. 5 inches
  • 25 inches wide x 4. 5 inches



  • iWonderwhy
    Mar 22, 07:25 PM
    D.O.A.

    iOS 5 will only further put these wannabes back in their place.





    gnasher729
    Jul 27, 05:37 PM
    This is a positively thoughtless remark. No one's cheering the MHz myth on, in fact, Intel itself has abandoned the concept. Until the 3Ghz woodies get dropped in a MacPro, the 2.7 GHZ G5 will still be the fastest chip ever put in a Macintosh.

    Assuming that you are talking about clock speed, there have been Macs running at over 3 GHz, just not for sale to the public. The Intel machines that were shipped to developers after WWDC 2005 had 3.4 GHz Pentium IVs.





    KnightWRX
    Apr 27, 09:59 AM
    This was my point.

    Wait, I don't get it. You're telling me there's tons of more stuff to care about while trying to tell someone else that if he doesn't care, he shouldn't comment.

    I really don't get your point. Nor do I find the "there's more important stuff to care about" argument valid in any kind of way.





    patrick0brien
    Sep 13, 01:37 PM
    I smell it an option for Rev. B.

    As Mac Daily News says: "Mac Pro Octo-Core. For when you absolutely, positively have to sequence the entire human genome before lunch."

    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!





    rolandf
    Aug 7, 07:47 PM
    Good lord. Whatever happened to simplicity? It looked like a three ring circus up there today.

    Now come on. Time machine? With a picture of outer space and stars? This looks so gimmicky. They are getting to be like Microsoft and just adding new features instead of making things easier and streamlined. Why not just improve the Backup program that comes with .Mac or include it for free? Do we really need another interface? To me it looks like form over function.

    Not very innovative so-far. The Intel change took the OS's soul and the inspiration. Very disappointing. Mail, completely overloaded, like MS office.

    No mentioning of resolution independent GUI, etc. There are a couple of UNIX OS's out there that are more innovative.

    All in all, Apple seems on the wrong track.





    valkraider
    Apr 25, 03:31 PM
    Its my right to privacy so back off.

    You also have a right to not carry an iPhone in your pocket.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment